Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Overstaffed

God answered my prayers tonight. My little Monkey was having a horrible time adjusting to his Grandma, and Mommy was suppose to be leaving to go to work. He was crying so hard that I couldn't get him calmed down. I was thinking to myself "Why?". Why am I doing thing? His Daddy wasn't going to be coming home tonight because he had to work really, really late, so he was going to be with Grandma all night. Please let them be okay together. I couldn't stand that I had to leave him so miserable like this. It was killing me.

Then the phone rang, and the sweet voice of one of my supervisors was on the other end. "Would you like an overstaff?" Are you kidding, of course I would take an overstaff. For those of you not familiar with working in a hospital, you can be overstaffed if there is more staff then needed on the floor.....meaning your patient census is low. I was the lucky dog who was given the shot to stay home!! Yea!!! So Grandma, Monkey, and I went on a walk to continue to try to get him familiar with her. Now I'm sitting on the couch watching "American Idol" and thanking God for answering my prayer.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! AND you got to watch David Cook. Oh, how I love me some David Cook!