When you were little, Monkey, we use to play "Standy Up" with you. We would hold you up and your strong little legs would hold you up. As you got older, you were able to stand for longer periods of time. You would smile and giggle. You loved playing, especially when your Daddy did it.
Yesterday, you started playing "Standy Up" on your own. You have figured out how to pull yourself up. I found you standing in your crib after naptime, standing at the coffee table grabbing for Mommy's magazines, standing at the couch pulling your folded clothes onto the floor, standing at the deck door laughing at the doggies, standing at the kitchen chair grinning from ear-to-ear. How did you get so big so fast? I know I keep asking that, but you just continue to amaze me each day.
When we gave you real peas for the first time the other day, you could clap for yourself each time you got one in your mouth. You are so funny! Clapping is your new favorite thing. You clap at diaper changes, bath time, in the car, or just whenever the need arises for a clap. Too cute you are!
But, I'm not too fond of your habit of spitting your food out. There are other ways to tell Mommy that you're done eating. And I don't think it's nearly as funny as you do....funny how that is. I'm finding that it's not very easy to "discipline" a 8 month old. I'll liked your old way of telling me you were finished by turning your head around in your seat. Things to work on little man. You do love your food though.
Wonder what tomorrow will bring little one.....guess we'll have to wait and see! Love you to the moon and back again!
1 comment:
He is surely growing up too fast. It's nutso how fast the first year goes, huh? Last year at this time we were occupied with bedding/carseats/etc. And now this real life little man is STANDING! Slow down until Aunt Lisa gets to see you again, okay?
Post a Comment