
the ever changing scenery....something different to see everyday. I love how one day there are just a few golden trees dancing across the mountain, and the next, they have invited all their friends out to dance. The Place: the mountainside and valleys below, The Costume: your favorite color of leaves for the fall.

raspberries!! Sheets and sheets of raspberries and their plump, juicy goodness! I now have my very own raspberry patch thanks to Granny and her fabulous raspberry canes. I probably have close to 40 cups of these fabulous berries in my freezer, and my bushes need to be picked again. This means jam, muffins, pancakes, fluff, crepes (I could go on and on.) all winter long. Is your mouth watering yet?
I could go on and on about fall. I love it for football and sweatshirts. For snugly sweaters and comfy jeans. For new backpacks and the site of the big yellow school bus. For hot cider and caramel apples. For pumpkins and hayrake rides. For bonfires and smores. For leaf piles and mittens. For the crispness of the air and the starkness of the sky against all of falls beautiful colors. For Halloween and kids running amuck dressed like their favorite ghoul or goblin. For the anticipation of the first snow and the silence that follows it.
Thank you Mother Nature for the beauty you spread and the excitement you bring. A new season is here. Fast closing in on the following season. I will soak up every ounce of fall you have to offer.
1 comment:
Beautiful post. I love fall.....but I just can't stand the winter that follows! You know me....always a summer girl. It's 81 here today and I couldn't be happier!
Post a Comment