Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Low Census

Yesterday I was at my wits end by 3:00. Monkey has been on a 2 nap schedule for about 2 weeks now....FINALLY! (People kept asking, "why do u want him on 2 instead of 3 naps?"....Because I can't get a thing done when I have an 8 month old who only naps for 1 hour, if I was lucky, 3 times a day....that's why.) He woke up yesterday from his afternoon nap after only 45 minutes....I about died. Did he know that I had to work that night and needed sleep more than anything. He was cranky, I was cranky and desperate. I called work to put in for an overstaff knowing I was crazy to even think I was going to get it. To my surprise, Lisa said it was most likely doable because we were staffed for 30 and only had 17 patients on the floor. She'd let me know after the staffing meeting. Thank you God!! A glimmer of hope awaited.

When I hadn't heard anything by 5, I begrudgingly got in the shower with both phones outside the shower door. The call came halfway through the shower, and she put me on-call for the 12 hour shift.....but it looked good hospital wide that I wouldn't get called in. Fast forward to this morning at 6 AM when Hubby was leaving for work, and I realized no call came in the deep dark night!! YEAH!!!

No work and a full night's sleep!! Ahhh, revived this morning!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

yay!!! can you try & get one of those once a week ;)