A couple months ago I was disappointed when I received jury duty notice in the mail. "Yuck" was my initial reaction. "What a pain in the keester that is going to be," I thought. I was due to be up Aug. 29 through Sept. 29....calling each night to see if I have to report the next day. Last Friday I called and the inevitable happened, my group was called to report today at 10 AM. I was bummed!
A funny thing happened though....I actually kinda started to get intrigued by it over the weekend. Which was a surprise to myself....one who avoids conflict, debate, you name it at all costs. I was kinda, dare I say, excited to see what it was all about! Maybe it's the great presidential race that is going on right now that makes me feel more patriotic and excited about exercising my rights and liberties. Maybe it's just plain curiosity at what trial I could take part it in. Whatever it was, I was ready to serve.
So I got everything ready that I could last night. Got up this morning and got Monkey and I ready and out the door. We were off to Grandma's when I realized I had forgotten his milk. Good thing I was for once in my life running ahead of schedule. I turned around and headed back for the milk. I walked in the house, grabbed the milk, and was about ready to head back out when the phone rang. It was the courthouse saying they didn't need my services today because the trial had folded. Hmmm.....bummer! So I will call again tonight to see when I will be needed again. Until then, my clothes are neatly hung back on the hangers and Monkey get to spend the day together.
No comments:
Post a Comment