How did you get to be such a big boy so fast Monkey? You are crawling like you have been doing it your whole life. Nothing holds you back. You love, love, love your new found freedom. Everything is within your limits now. If Mommy or Daddy leaves the room, you can follow and follow you usually do. It was led to more bumps, bruises, bloody fingers, and tears than you had probably expected, but it doesn't seem to slow you down.
It is leading to adventures in beginners climbing. You are experimenting with pulling up on things, such as the coffee table, kitchen chairs, and your crib rails. Hmmm, thank heavens Daddy lowered your mattress. We don't call you Monkey for no reason at all. The name is showing its true colors these days!
You are growing faster than your Momma is ready some days. You don't want to be snuggled as much anymore, so when you give me that opportunity, boy do I bank on it. You are such a boy in all your funny ways. You could sit there and get licked over and over again by the puppies and never shed a tear....only utter many giggles. You love to play "rough" with your Daddy and play "King of the Sky". Everything you touch needs to be banged against something.
You are the king of jabbering right now. Always telling some story about your day. Often, I will come in to get you after your nap and you are sitting in your crib jabbering away to your monkey and puppy. I only wish I really new what you were thinking and saying. You are talking away in there as I type. Although, right now you are suppose to be going down for your nap...hmmm.
I truly love all your independence but my heart does flip flops to think that you are only going to continue to grow and test that independence. Part of me wants to trap you in this moment forever, but the other part knows that it only continues to get better and better. Isn't life funny like that?!
1 comment:
Beautifully written & so true. As you're learning, enjoy ever second of it because it goes much, much too quickly!
Love yoU!
Post a Comment