Monday, September 29, 2008

64 pages

This morning I had to report for jury duty at 9:15. We were told that the case would last into October, and the judge would be with us shortly. Wondering if I'd be chosen and how that would interfere with my parents arriving in Friday, I decided to open my book and get a few pages in before we were told the next set of instructions. Two hours and 15 minutes later and a lot of listening to the ladies behind me moan and complain, we were told that we the case had dissolved, and we were free to go.

A sigh of relief was heard from all waiting. I on the other hand had enjoyed my 2 hours of uninterrupted reading time. I was able to devour 64 pages of my book with only one potty break and no Monkey breaks. I love my little man with all my heart, but I really enjoyed being able to sit down to my book and read to my heart's content. It'd been a long time since I've enjoyed more than a few pages of a good book. Usually, I'm only able to catch few pages of a magazine that has soggy corners from a little Houdini grabbing it from where I thought he couldn't reach. Or missing a page because it was torn out before I could get to it and crumpled into baby bliss.

On my way to pick up Monkey, I took the opportunity to visit the children's boutique Pitter Patter and browse all the cute little clothes and knick knacks that I "probably" don't need. Fun store. Cute maternity clothes too. Not that I'll "probably" need those for a little while either.

Tonight is the last night to call in for jury duty. It's been a month with 2 call-ins but no trial. Glad it's coming to a close, but I'm kinda bummed I didn't get the chance to see how the whole process works. I'm sure there will be future opportunities though.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Dude....don't even remember the last time I read 64 uninterrupted pages from a book. Wait - when I was in the hospital getting the infusion.....pathetic, huh?