
This is Shiloh, our chocolate lab, who didn't come running for her dinner last night! Usually she can't sit still on the deck because she is so excited to eat. I automatically scanned the yard and didn't see her. I went into panic mode thinking she had dug out under the fence and was out running free.
I rushed in the house to get Monkey and the leash. We were going to go walk the neighborhood and hopefully catch up to her. I took one last look in the backyard and happened to hear her whimper from somewhere. I looked down to find her wedged underneath our new shed. And when I say wedged I mean stuck in one position without any room to move at all. Don't ask me what possessed her to do this. She has always been the one to get herself into predicaments that she has trouble getting out of!
I immediately called my husband who was still an hour from getting home from work. So I started digging. I could only dig a little bit with the shovel until it wouldn't fit under the shed enough to do any good, so then I started to dig with my hand shovel.....yep 36 weeks pregnant, bent over, on my hands and knees with "tons" of help from Monkey and Sam, our other lab who was overly concerned that his sister was not going to get out. I'm sure we were quite a site...Monkey and I with our hand shovels and Sam with his front feet all of us bent over, buns in the air, attempting to dig out Shiloh who I was now silently cussing in my head.
When I was about to give up because she was not budging, my father-in-law and his brother showed up!! It actually took a floor jack lifting the shed off the ground to get her out!!!!!!!!!! Ugh! Boy was she a happy girl when she was out though. Running around and rolling on the ground!! I'm sure I was a site for sore eyes covered in dirt, sweat running down my face, and hair flying everywhere! Thankfully she escaped unharmed.
I can only hope she learned her lesson!
No comments:
Post a Comment