I know....it's been too long. We've been having unbelievable weather up here though, and I don't want to sit down at the computer. I'm going to do a mini catch-up post! If anything, just for me b/c they're things I wanted to blog about but haven't taken the time. Here goes....
~Babymoon~My hubby and I took a mini babymoon the weekend before the 4th. He had a buddy from work getting married down in Kenai, so we seized the opportunity and enlisted his aunt to watch Monkey. They were delighted to have him for the weekend, and we were more than delighted to have some much needed Mama and Dada time. The weather was fabulous, the wedding was fun, the lodging was free because we used the camper, and the time was well deserved. We decided we needed to do this more often!! For us and the kiddos! We'll see if we stick to our guns.
~Sunshine Galore~I can't even begin to explain to you what fantastic weather we are having up here.....like breaking record temperature weather. It was 84 degrees here on Tuesday! That just doesn't happen very often in Alaska. We are soaking it up! I have a tan like I've been to a Caribbean island or something! We have brought out the pool, the sprinkler, and feasted on Otter Pops!! Thank you God for shining down on us! We are so blessed to have this beautiful summer!
~4th of July~What a wonderful weekend full of family, sun, sand, water, and endless food! It's a tradition with my Hubby's family to go to the lake for the 4th! We packed up the camper, the dogs, and the 4-wheelers and headed to the lake. It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Endless amounts of sunshine and splashing in the water. Monkey dug in the sand for hours on end! The fireworks were fabulous (always let off by none other than my Hubby). I read many a chapters in my book. Hubby wake boarded and barefooted (yep, skiing barefoot....he is amazing)! He said he does that because it makes him feel young. I told him we will always be young b/c that's just the kind of people that we are....at least young at heart!!
No comments:
Post a Comment