Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thoughts for the day....

  • Are you really ready to give up your morning nap Monkey? As much as it would give us more opportunities to do things in the mornings (ie. errands, finally joining Stroller Strides, story time at the library, etc.), Mommy needs one more month of two naps. In April, when I go to day shift, I will be so ready for you to give up your morning nap. But I NEED that nap too on days that I work. Today you didn't want it. You played for 45 minutes in your crib until you dropped blankie on the floor and this crushed your itty bitty heart. Momma said "bag it" and brought you out to play for real. We'll adapt if your ready though little man!
  • What happened to my "eat everything you put down in front of me" little boy? The last two days you have just picked at your food. You haven't really wanted to drink anything either. You are such a great water drinker, and I can't hardly get you to take a sip. Hmmm! Probably a phase. Just a strange phenomenon for us little man!
  • I have to wonder if you are ever going to get anymore teeth. Not that I want to go through teething....ugh....that makes me shutter. But you haven't cut a tooth since October. You still have the same 6 in there. It would make eating somethings a bit easier for you. But I guess we'll just keep waiting. I just pray that those teeth don't decide to come while we are down for Aunt Laure's wedding!
  • Speaking of going down for the wedding. Please, please, please let the weather be warm and sunny. Not only for my sister who can't stand winter but for my spirit that is soooo tired of winter and cold! My aunt told me that she saw a couple robins down there last week. Oh please, please let it be true that spring has almost sprung there!!!
  • Caribbean in March 2010! That is the goal! Either Hubby and I or a group of people. I just have to get there next winter! Last winter spoiled me with a Caribbean cruise in March. It was a wonderful break from the cold and snow. Now I'm going stir crazy this winter and realize we just have to plan something warm every winter. Doesn't have to be extravagant. Just some sunshine and flip flops! I almost did San Diego next week and now I'm kicking myself for not pushing harder!! But had to be practical since we are leaving for the wedding in a month too!! Winter just gets long....long on the spirit too!
  • Happy Birthday to my sis!! What a year this is going to be for you! I'm so excited and so very proud of you! My heart swells every time I think of what you have accomplished. All that schooling and all those frustrations. All of the Ramen noodle dinners and long days going to school and then going to work the evenings at the hospital. All the long distance months and worrying about your man while he was abroad defending our country. You are pioneering studies and opening doors that haven't ever been opened. When did you grow up? I feel like I missed some of it. Wow! I'm so very proud of you, and I know I don't tell you that enough. Love you little sis!!!

No comments: