Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • You have started copying some of the things we say! We were building block towers the other night, and Daddy was karate chopping them down saying "hi yaw". Next thing we knew, you were saying "ha yaw" right along with Daddy! Not 10 minutes later we were getting your jams on for the night, and I was singing Ring Around the Rosy to you. You started saying "ases", "ases" with me!! I love it little one! We went out and showed Daddy how you are starting to pick up words so well! How did you get so smart?
  • On second thought, now Mommy and Daddy have to really watch what we are saying in front of you now. An uber challenge for both of us! Daddy brings home his job site potty mouth pretty often. And Mommy is known to drop a few colorful four little words. I never used to be much of a potty mouth, but it's amazing how being a nurse has changed that. It only takes one patient to bring out the best colorful phrases. Thank goodness it's much worse at work than at home.
  • I really hope our summer is like our winter has been. Yes, it's been cold, but I can't remember the last time we have had a cloudy day! I can deal with the cold when the sun is out every day. This time of year it's even a warm sun! Warm enough that the doggies will go lay out in the yard on the snow and take a nap in the sunshine!! I could take a summer full of hot, sunshiny Alaska days!
  • After your bath this morning, you grabbed your blanket to snuggle with it in all your buffness. I let you have your moment, as I'm sure it felt good to wiggle around bare naked on that softness. Figuring we were safe from the piddle because you blessed your bath water right off the first dip. Wrong! I looked down and you were admiring a huge puddle on your blanket. I, being a silly Mommy, thought maybe you had thrown up the water you had just swallowed and choked on (yes, the same bath water you piddled in....I can't have my eyes on you at ALL times). After an investigative smell, I realized you had piddled on it. The bad part.....you refused to give up your blanket. Ugh!! No amount of distraction was working either! After 15 minutes of loving your blanket, I managed to get it away from you and into the washer!

No comments: