Friday, May 21, 2010

My Monkey

  • Monkey and I had to have the talk about sticking things up our nose. I gave him a little baggy of cheerios to snack on in the car. Two minutes into our drive I hear "oh uh Mommy, stuck". Thinking it's his truck stuck somewhere, I inquired as to where it was stuck at. He replied, "Up nose Mommy. Cheerio stuck up nose!" I quickly found the nearest driveway to pull into as I'm telling him to keep his finger out of his nose. As I'm pulling into a neighborhood I hear him say "all better Mommy"! Thinking he had retrieved the cheerio, I sigh with relief but get out and check to make sure. Nope, he hadn't saved the cheerio. He had just pushed it further into his nose where he didn't feel it as much! I hop back in the car and race home for the tweezers. I return back to the car with tweezers and flashlight in hand. I rescued the mushy, snot laden cheerio from his nose as he sneezes like 5 times in a row. I climb back into the car with the baggy of cheerios safely in my hand and can't help but laugh. Knowing that this probably won't be the last time I rescue something from my boys' nose!

  • Monkey has this little squishy lizard (or gecko as he refers to it). I looked down one day to find him "washing" the lizard's hands with hand sanitizer. But as he was washing them, he was singing our "Scrubba, Scrubba" song that we sing while we wash our hands. It's amazing to see how how he retains things that we do. To actually hear them come to life from his mouth....incredible!

  • Speaking of reciting things. We were once again in the car the other day. Talking about garbage trucks. We have this book about a garbage truck, I Stink, that Aunt Lisa got him. He started reciting that book word for word. He knew every letter of the alphabet soup. Better than I could remember it. Makes a Mama smile!


  • He is officially learning how to ride his John Deere tractor. He can steer pretty well, which is a major accomplishment for me bc I don't have to lean down every five seconds and redirect him away from the ditch or the tree or the edge of the driveway or the truck or the....you get the picture. He was riding in circles the other day going through a puddle over and over when he looked at me and said "I love my John Deere Mama"! I love that you love your John Deere baby.....that is what Daddy and I envisioned for you when Santa brought it. The next day we were getting ready to go somewhere and you disappeared to the other side of the car. When I asked you to come around and get in the car, you replied, "just checking on my John Deere Mommy". I think you would let it sleep in your bedroom at night if we let you!

No comments: