TWO!!!! Where have the last two years gone! I cannot believe my baby is TWO! You are the light of our lives Monkey. Constantly moving and jabbering. Your zest for life is voracious! Your giggle is still as contagious as it was the very first time we heard it. You delight us to no end and sometimes leave us scratching our heads the very next minute. You challenge us in good ways and sometimes not so good ways. You humble us Monkey. You make us remember that parenting is an adventure unlike anything else we'll ever experience.
You love anything that moves. Animals, bugs, trucks, planes, trains. You have a love for anything John Deere green. Which, by the way, melts Mommy's heart because I'll always be an Iowa girl at heart. Your favorite song is "Big Green Tractor"....imagine that. You ask for it every time we get in the car. You jumped for joy yesterday when I found it set to a slide show of tractors and combines. You also love, love, love trains, which melts your Grandma K.'s heart since she is a tried and true Union Pacific employee. And your new favorite lately.......monster trucks.....so much that your Daddy and I are pretty sure we will be going to the Demolition Derby at the State Fair this year....who knew!!
You could sit and read books until the cows come home. The other day you were even "reading" your truck book to your little brother. Made my heart go pitter patter. Your favorites currently are Corey Combine and the Big Surprise, Snowmen at Night, and I Stink (the later we have read 4 times since opening it this morning....thank you Aunt Lisa).
I love to sit and watch you play. You have always played so well on your own. Today you were telling the driver of your school bus to "dwive careful"....maybe you've heard me say that a few times. And speaking of hearing things a few times, when your little brother was fussing a bit today you ran over to him and said "it awright honey"....hmmmm think I call you two "honey" very often.
The love you already show at such a young age for your baby brother makes my eyes all leaky. You never forget to kiss him goodnight. You even have shared your beloved blanket with him a few times. You are quick to ask where he is if you think he should be somewhere he isn't. Makes me so proud!
I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us Monkey. Your curiosity, ever-growing independence, and strong-willed determination will make for some memorable moments. Your sweet smile and contagious giggle will always brighten our day. God has blessed us. I am head over heels in love with you!!
Happy Birthday sweet boy!!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday to your baby boy!
I would suggest the book Smash Crash. My big boy still loves it!
Post a Comment