- I've always wondered if I would like a pair of UGG boots but never took the time to try them on. Was in REI the other day and they were just sitting out calling my name. I didn't even have to ask a sales person to get them from the back. Yep, big mistake. They were heavenly. So soft and squishy. Just like I imagined. Now I have a post office slip to get pick up my package. My package from Zappos. Yep, I was bad. I splurged. It's killing me that they are here but at the post office. Can't wait for Monday!
- Late Christmas post: Hubby was fantastic with my stocking this year. He really took some time and thought about it. Not that he doesn't every other year. This year was just different....special because all the items were something I use all the time. The chap stick in the blue tube. Brown pony tail holders (without the metal thing on them). Emery boards. Foot scrubber (you know the ones, the file thing to get all the rough skin off). The good square gum in the pop out package. A new water bottle. Thanks Babe....your the best!
- We met Lisa and Nate at Carl's Jr. for lunch and to let the boys play in the play area. Neither one of us had been there so we figured we'd try it out. Not such a hot idea. That place is way intimidating for 2-year olds. It's an endless maze of tunnels that is two stories high. One way in and only two ways out. One of the ways out was too complicated for our boys too. If they got stuck and couldn't find their way out, we had to go climb in and find them. Not very cool. Oh and did I mention not very clean....yuck! I should have known it was going to be a bust when Monkey asked to go to the "bounce pace" after only time up in the tunnel jungle.
- It's killed me to put the 3-6 month clothes away yesterday. I had to though. The pants were starting to look like capris on our Little Man, and according to hubs, capris were not meant to be on a man's body (there's nothing metrosexual about my husband...that's for sure). How can he be in 9 month clothes already? Slow down little buddy. You're growing much too fast for your Mama's taste.
- So when I was pregnant with Monkey, I joined Babycenter. You would get little info updates every week on what your fetus was up to. I like all that stuff, so I found it pretty cool. After he was born, you still got updates every week on what goes on at each new stage. Long story short, I still get updates. Some get deleted. Some have pretty decent info in them. When he turned two, the updates went from "your toddler this month" to "your preschooler this month". Yikes!! When did he become a preschooler. Your still a toddler in my eyes Monkey. Not ready for you to be a preschooler yet. Unless it would mean an end to the terrible two tantrums and drama. Nah....still not ready.
- I now know what my mom has always meant when she says her brain is always going in 400 different directions. She would start one thing and end up completely on the opposite end of the house doing something entirely different than what she had planned. It's happening to me more and more lately. Last week I put both boys down for naps and was headed to my room to get on the treadmill. I stopped in the kitchen to fill up my water. I opened the cabinet to throw something in the trash and noticed something had missed the trash and spilled. Pulled the trash can out and scrubbed up the mess. Continued scrubbing to the back. Opened up other side of cabinet and pulled out all the bottles and stuff and scrubbed that side too. Noticed that the outside of the cabinet had a few splashes of something on it so cleaned the outside too. Before I knew it I had cleaned the outside of all the cabinets, the dishwasher, stove, and microwave. I was on my way to clean the inside of the microwave when I remembered the treadmill......so much for my workout.....it succumbed to Mommy brain.
- Fast forward to the evening I scrubbed all the cabinets. Taking Monkey's spaghetti o's (yes, I know, not very healthy.....and so the story goes) out of the microwave and I dropped them on the floor. O's splashed everywhere, including my newly scrubbed cabinets and stove. Monkey exclaimed in the background "uh, oh spaghetti o's". Yep literally....I had to laugh!
- So potty training is on hold. Like bedtime, I don't know what happened to make it so bad. You're on strike, and I'm not gonna fight ya. Yesterday was the last straw when you straightened out as I was trying to put you on it and your feet went straight into the water. Socks and all. We'll try again later!
- Did I mention that I really detest the word "no"? It's the most popular word at our house lately.
- Any plugs for the best Hawaiian island to vacation on?! Hubby and I are trying to plan a vacation for this spring using our airline tickets we won this summer. I'm still not completely sold, as I don't know if I can leave my baby for a week. He says I'll be fine once he gets me on the beach with my swimsuit, a book, and the ocean in the background. He might be right! I never like to admit that.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Randoms
A few things I've been meaning to write but keep forgetting....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
With the hubs gone you & should be in the same place with our kids sleeping peacefully, you know?
Good for you on the boots. You'll love them and you deserve them after the last 2 1/2 weeks! And way to go on the stocking Jeff! I'm impressed! Sometimes those thoughtful times are worth more than diamonds. And I laughed (with you, not at you) about the cabinets. I DID vacuum my living room after getting off the phone w/ you, but then planned on coming in to do the family room & got distracted by a million different things. Vacuum is still sitting there starting at me!
oh the boots - i dream about them too. maybe someday i will take the leap like you :)
and putting away the baby clothes? sooo hard. sooo emotional!
and the preschooler thing from baby center? totally flipped me out. still flips me out actually!
happy weekend friend!
Post a Comment