Friday, August 14, 2009

Momma Sap

Oh Monkey....thank you for coming and crawling in my lap today. I was dusting the baby furniture, and you came, blankets in tow, to nestle in my lap for no reason. You must have known your Momma needed a snuggle because you don't often do this without me prompting you. We sat there and played with your piggies, tickled your tummy, and you even enjoyed a good back scratching (you take after your Daddy there). It was everything in my power to stop the waterworks from erupting!

They erupted big time on Wednesday when you fell asleep in the chair with me before naptime. We had read our books (Duck in the Truck, Boo Boo, and Goodnight Moon are our standards right now) and were singing "Twinkle, Twinkle" when I noticed your little head swaying with each rock. Sure enough, you were already snoozing! I picked you up and nuzzled you close. It took everything in my power to put you down in your bed and leave the room. I would've stood there forever with you sleeping so peacefully! My tears were getting all over the place though.

Momma doesn't mean to cry at such little things this week. I just can't believe you are such a big boy now! I know you are going to seem so much bigger next Wednesday when your little brother arrives. You'll always be my baby though. Even when your 18 and going off to college saying "Aw Mom, not the tears again"!

I'm just a big Momma Sap right now!! And you make my heart go pitter-patter when you do such sweet things!! I love you so little man!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I feel and know every word that you wrote. These are special times. And end to an era of sorts. Soak him up....before there are two little sweeties to cuddle!!!