Thursday, August 6, 2009

Battles

You are such a strong-willed little man. You always have been.

Lately, you have been testing the waters though. Really testing the waters.

Mommy partly blames on your head cold from last week and the fact that you were WAY off schedule because family was in town (we all know how that goes). I also partly blame it on being almost 19 months old (sniff, sniff, sigh). And that things are changing around here with your little brother due to arrive in 12 days.

But this is not how I envisioned our last few weeks together to go. You know, the last few weeks before all of our worlds are rocked by the arrival of your little brother. It was suppose to be fun-filled days with your occasional toddler tantrum sprinkled in.

Not toddler tantrums multiple times a day. Battling with you during diaper changes every time. All of a sudden your throwing a battle to have your hands and face washed after eating.....where-o-where did that come from. Just this afternoon before nap you ran behind the recliner and would not come out when I asked you to. You just stood there and grinned at me as if you knew how difficult it was going to be for me to fit my belly behind there to come get you. But come get you I did, and believe me, it was not fun for me either.

Who turned you from Happy to Grumpy dwarf? I would like to have a short little chat with them.

I'm sorry that it's confusing around here lately and that you aren't feeling up to 100% yet. I only wish I could change all of that for you. Maybe it's my fault for "envisioning" how are last few weeks together were going to be. Maybe I set myself up for this.

All I know is that your strong wills are getting the best of me, and it makes Mommy sad. Can my sweet, happy boy come with strong wills too?

Please-o-please with sugar on top and a strawberry too!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

he is a good boy. he's smart enough to know that a lot is going on, and testing his boundries! Give him a snuggle from Aunt Lisa - and tell him he better be extra sweet to you!