Thursday, February 3, 2011

Giddy Up

We took a field trip with our playschool group to an equestrian center. Gabe was beyond excited to see the horses! Knowing that he was going to get the chance to ride was making me giddy with excitement too! Secretly, I've always dreamed of having my own horse. I'm okay with the fact that it will probably never play out in real life (ie. Hubs is not fond of horses at all....stemming from being bucked off when he was little.). A girl can still dream though!

Waiting for their turn!
I wasn't sure if Gabe would want to ride or not. He's not one for being up on stage. He doesn't like a lot of people watching him when he knows it's happening. So, needless to say, I was keeping my fingers crossed for the ride. And boy did he make his Momma proud! He sat up there like it was something he did every day! And talked about it for days!!
Yeah, up in the saddle!
When do we say "giddy up"!
And he's off....not happy or anything :)
I was beaming with pride at this point!
She was such a pretty, gentle horse too! She gave rides to 12 little ones that day!
My little cowboy!
Thanking her with a little carrot love!
He couldn't wait to go back and visit the horses again someday!! Either can I Gabers ;)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay Gabe! And I see a visit to see Uncle Wayne's horses with all of the kiddos in our future this summer! Yee-haw!
(saying yee-haw brought me back to that picture of you & I on western day our senior year? remember that one?!?)
pss - were you on the campfire trip where my horse when wild?

amanda said...

omg how fun is that!!!

i rode a horse once...cried and screamed until they put me on it and then i didn't ever want to get off.

pretty sure that's how it would work now too :)