Sunday, February 6, 2011

some random

~I love Super Bowl! Not because I necessarily love pro football (bc for the record I really don't care until the last three weeks of the season or when I'm home and dad is watching the Chiefs) because I'm much more a college football kinda girl. But I love it because we do the same thing every year. We go to the same friends' house and get together with the same wonderful friends that we sometimes only see on this one particular Sunday every year. Because that's the way life is. We grow up, we have kids, we lose track of time, and we realize thank goodness for Super Bowl because otherwise we would never see each other. Crazy but true! And we all pick right back up where we left off. Same stories, same snacks (with a little change here and there), same laughs, same dessert (thank you Justin), same football chip bowl and bottle opener, same $2 a square, take your chances, football grid. Now we've just added a little more rowdiness with the kiddos running around, usually chasing each other with either hockey sticks or trucks in hand. But it's that sameness (yeah, not sure if that's a word or not) that we all look forward to every year! And the comfort of knowing we are really there even when we're not really there. Oh and winning $80 in the fourth quarter this year didn't hurt either!!

~I still haven't posted on Gabe's birthday. I'm a no-good-very-bad Mommy. Not because I haven't started it. It's sitting with all the other started but not finished drafts. Because, one, I haven't been great at the posting lately, and two, I almost can't bring myself to finish it. Where did the last three years go? Why do they go so fast?

~Gabe was leaning over my legs a couple days ago because he had attempted to wipe himself for the first time after going poop (fantastic) and he says "your legs are scratchy Mom". Yes, thank you. I haven't shaved my legs for two days because I had to come running out of the shower yesterday when I thought WWIII was occurring in the bedroom between you and your brother.

~I was checking out at Target the other day and was beyond excited when my coupon (you know, the one that prints off with your receipt) was for a Starbucks latte. I had to hold back and not march straight over for my latte, rather savor it and wait for the right moment of discounted yumminess! My luck I'll end up waiting too long for the perfect moment, and it will expire.....something I would do!!

~If you haven't ever tried retailmenot.com when doing your online shopping, you're missing it. I've saved some serious money and shipping with that. Totally worth it. Wish I had been clued into this nifty tool many moons ago!!

~So I pitched all of Nick's bottles in the trash the other day. We waited way too long to take it away from him and if I didn't throw them away (and for the record, I only through them away because I truly didn't like them but it was what we started him on and he wouldn't switch to anything else...a whole other story), I was going to continue to give him one in my weak moments. And those were not very few and far between. Only problem, he's not a rock star milk drinker from a sippy like his brother was, and I'm a tad neurotic about the amount of milk I think he should be drinking and is not drinking. I can't let it go. I know, I know....he eats cheese, yogurt, etc. But I have this hang up on the milk. But you can't force it. He drink what he wants, right!? Doesn't still mean I can obsess, right?

~Took Nick to the doctor Thursday. He's had a gooey, runny nose/cough on and off for the past six weeks. I kept thinking he was going to kick it on his own. But it just kept hanging on. When I really sat down and figured out when it had all started and that he had been fighting it for six weeks, I felt like a horrible mommy and got him in that morning. Poor little man....he has a sinus infection. Felt so bad. After only three doses of amoxicillin, no more snot or coughing. How horrible did I feel that I didn't take him in sooner!! Sorry little buddy!

~So excited that we are starting to get some more sunlight. The sky was actually starting to lighten up at 8:00 this morning! Whoo hoo! Bring on spring and give me some Vitamin D! More time to play outside after naps! Now if only spring came in March rather than May! I'll take what I can get right now!

1 comment:

amanda said...

i want to comment on each one - but someone is crying over the monitor - a very over tired sleepy little girl! but real quick - those little target/starbucks coupons? like a little ray of sunshine in your wallet!!