Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recharge

I dropped the boys at Grandpa and Grandma's this morning and made a bee line for the highway. I was in desperate need of some recharge time, and Anchorage (aka. shopping) was calling my name. When my bff wasn't answering (bc sad to say but the best time to talk to her is in the car, yes driving....sorry, in silence), I cranked me some Miranda and Ingrid with a little bit of Jerrod and Dave in there.

Nobody demanding the "loud song" (dynamite) or "john deere tractor" (big green tractor). No fighting over the water bottle or who was gonna have what monster truck. No heavy equipment book beeping a back up signal. No little feet giving me a "back massage" every 5 minutes. Just me and the music. Heavenly!

First stop, Starbucks (I don't want to admit that I'm addicted bc it's not a cheap addiction but man are their peppermint mochas still calling my name.), where I tried the fat free cinnamon struesel coffee cake. I don't know how that thing is fat free because it was one of the most delicious things I've tasted in a long time. If everything that was fat free tasted that good, the world would be a much happier place.

I had and still have a few gift cards burning a hole through my wallet from bday and xmas, so I found me some Gap Baby and little bit of Gap for me. Then I moved on to Nordstrom where some Uggs and a little bit of M.A.C jumped into my arms. Had a good conversation with another great friend who is always good for providing a few laughs. Then I slowly walked a few blocks back to my car. Enjoying the warm weather and the hub bub of the noon hour.

Found my way to the salon and sat for a much needed hair cut. Nothing like a good shampoo head massage to really make you breath deep. They even had my favorite Bob's peppermints. Ya know...the soft red and white striped ones that melt in your mouth....mmmm.....yummy!

Did a little Valentine shopping for the littles while I picked up milk and yogurt. Spent 20 minutes looking at cards. I swear I could spend an entire afternoon in the card section. Love them! Back outside to a little bit of rain (rain....are u kidding me....it's February.....for the record, i would gladly take all the snow that everyone else is getting). It kinda felt good on my face though!!

As I was driving off, I felt that twinge. My heart saying the recharge was complete. My boys silently calling for their Momma. And off I went. One more loud Miranda. And a need to fill those two empty seats sitting in my rear view mirror.

The grand welcoming is always the best part. The "missed you so much" and slobbery baby kisses. The feeling that I could tackle the rest of the day and the next six to come. The patience restored momentarily. The fondness of the absent heart. The scampering off of little feet. Secure in the fact that their Momma is back. Back with her chin held a little higher and her shoulders back a bit more.

Some call it retail therapy. I call it recharging. Recharging equals a better Mommy. Or maybe just a better or revised outlook. Nevertheless, it was much needed and well worth it! I know my little ones appreciate these days as much as I do!

2 comments:

amanda said...

divine. simply divine.

it's amazing how much better we all feel after a mommy timeout isn't it??

Lisa said...

get every word of what you wrote. The needing the carseats to have little people in them? yes, that's how I felt yesterday when we were on our way back. so glad you got the recharge you need. glad we eventually caught up. wish that I could take those little loves & give you recharges more often.