We went to Wonderland playground today with your buddy Nate. Sun shining, blue skies, and big fluffy white clouds. Long overdue. You were so excited for the slides! Mommy was so excited for warm weather and outdoor fun! It was Bug's first adventure on the playground. He loved, loved, loved the swings...giggled the whole time.
But you, Monkey, took my breath away and made my heart skip a beat. How did you get so big over the winter? You didn't need my help this time. I didn't have to climb up and follow you through the maze of wooden fun. You climbed up the tall steps without a hitch. You scrambled up the tire ramp without such precision and balance. You even made it up the checkerboard ladder without my help! You ran over to the tic-tac-toe board and pointed at the "x" saying "letter x marks the spot Mama"! I was so proud of you, yet my heart was a bit sad. You are turning into a big boy so fast. I'm ready but I'm so not ready!
As much as I wasn't ready for the reality check today, it was so fun to watch you run and explore on your own. To hear you yell "watch me Mama" as you ran across the drawbridge without a hitch and dove down the twisty slide. Proving why I call you Monkey. Can't wait to take your Daddy to the playground and show him what you've been up to. Thanks for the fun day little man!
Love,
Your Mama
1 comment:
it's so trippy isn't it to watch them turn into these little people? it starts on the playground and i don't want to know where it leads...
Post a Comment