Saturday, April 24, 2010

6~7~8~almost 9

My sweetest Bug~
You're Mommy is so sorry she has neglected your month stories. Not that I have completely neglected....they are written in my head but can't get them written down. Then it's overwhelming to me when I get sooo far behind. So here goes!

You are the sweetest, most patient, squishable baby ever! I. Am. Head. Over. Heels. In. Love. With. You. It is incredible! My heart jumps a beat just thinking about that love. God knew what he was doing when he gave you to us. You are the glue that makes this family stick. You are the sweet smile that we need on rough days. You are the patient one who just watches as your brother runs amok through the house. Usually grabbing your toy or inadvertently tackling you as he whizzes by. He is your hero though! Even though he hasn't been the kindest or most gentle with you lately. I was chopped liver the other morning when you woke up. Barely a snuggle for Mommy bc you were so busy trying to figure out where your big brother was at. As soon as you located him, the smile that spread across those pudgy cheeks was one of adoration and utter love. I promise he is going to want to include you and share with you sooner than later (or I hope!!). You would much rather play with his "big boy" toys than all the "little boy" toys. I get it. Really I do. He will someday too.You have gone from sitting to scootching to creeping to crawling to pulling up and sitting back down in what has seemed like only a month. Unbelievable! And motor. Boy can you motor somewhere quickly when you want to. Your new favorite hang out is the train table. Getting in the drawer and chewing on a tree or banging a light post for all to hear. Why do I have a feeling it's not going to be long before you are running after your big brother? I can wait for it Bug. I'm not ready for you to be that big yet.
You finally got your second tooth last night. It hasn't slowed you down in the food process though. You want the "big people" food. We gave you a taste and you ran with it. Baby food. Huh...that's for the birds you say (or all over the front of mommy's shirt as you spit it at me). Your favorites are waffles, peas, cheerios, strawberries, cheese, turkey, and pasta. You even had steak the other night and gobbled it down like a pro.
The bottle though. Not your favorite. Kills me to have to give it to you. Especially with that smelly formula in it but Mommy is losing her milk baby (topic for another post). Will keep trying though. It's all we can do right now.

Socks. Yep, those are for the birds too! Thank goodness spring is here bc we can't keep socks on your feet. Secretly, that's ok with me, bc then i get to kiss and nibble on those chubby feet more often. They don't get any cuter than yours.

You love to be outside. And think you are pretty big stuff riding in the car. Even cooler when you figured out how to stand up in it the other day. You could sit in the grass for ours and just watch everything going on around you. So content. That's always been my Bug.

Everywhere we go, you have a smile to share and a squeal to add. You brighten up every room that you enter. Your eyes tell it all. So expressive. Truly the windows to your beautiful soul. Sweetness just pours out of you!
Love you to the moon and back sweet boy!
Your Mommy

No comments: