- Five days overdue with Monkey.
- Three hours of pushing with Monkey.
- Emergent C-section with Monkey.
- 8 lbs, 4 oz. ~ Our 1st Sweet Baby Boy ~ Second babies are usually bigger.
- Monkey's going to have a little brother. ~ Boys are typically larger than girls.
- Measured almost 26 weeks today ~ I'm really only 24 weeks.
All this equals a high chance for another c-section.
VBAC not completely ruled out, but at this point, the odds are against us. Am I disappointed? A bit. Do I want to do what is safe for me and the baby? Of course. Is it written in stone right now? No.
It's a wait and see game right now. We'll do a scan at 36-37 weeks to get an estimated weight on our little guy and to measure the thickness of my uterine scar. The results will determine if we schedule for a section or not. I really would love to go natural because I don't want the added stress of abdominal surgery. I don't want to worry about whether I can pick up Monkey or not. Although, I've vowed not to get all Mommied up about it right now and just let it ride. I'll be honest....it's hard not to think about it.
One for sure positive ~ My family can plan to be up here for the birth. According to Dr., we would be looking at August 20th or 21st. My parent's anniversary is the 20th....kinda neat!!
Stay tuned for updates!
1 comment:
It will be perfect no matter what you end up doing. And the stress of not having to wonder "when" is worth a lot.....
Love you!
Post a Comment