Monday, May 11, 2009

+36 hours

You've been without a temperature over 102 degrees for over 36 hours now Monkey. I thought we were never going to reach this point. Six days was long enough. I know you were so tired of having your temp checked every time we changed your diaper, and believe me, it was no fun for Mama either. To watch it rise all the way to 104.8 degrees.....you were so hot and so uncomfortable. You cling to me like a baby Monkey clings to his Mama.

And all because of a dang virus. I even gave in and took you to the ER Thursday night because even Tylenol and Ibuprofen wouldn't bring it down. You were such a good little boy there considering they were poking and prodding on you, sticking swabs up your nose, and making you wait so long. No pokes or xrays though. Thank goodness!

This was our first big sick experience, and it was no fun. You were such a good medicine taker before and now you want nothing to do with that syringe full of purple goo. Can't say I blame you, but it breaks Mama's heart to make you take it. I'm so glad I decided to never be a Peds RN, as I couldn't handle all the tears and sad eyes.

You are starting to get back to yourself! Can't wait till we're back to 12 hours of sleep without waking up and not-so-short tempers are few and far between.

No comments: