With all the wonderful sunshine over the last four days, we have spent ALOT of time outside playing. We went to the playground three days in a row! I've learned that you are a little daredevil....not that I didn't I already suspect that of you little Monkey!
You weren't holding back when it came to the slides! You loved the tire swing and the swing bridge! You would have crawled up the tire ladder if I hadn't shown you the holes you were going to crawl through!
We inherited a "new" tricycle and push car from wonderful friends and neighbors. You love to be pushed in the car. We have taken daily walks to the mailbox. Admiring the leaves starting to peak out, the grass starting to stand up, and the birds starting to sing. You love all the airplanes flying over, always sure to point to the sky when you hear one. You are after your Dada and Great-Grandpa's heart.
Along with playgrounds, new toys, and running outside comes first scrapes. I hated that they were coming but knew it was inevitable. Especially since it has been warm enough for shorts. Your little elbow sports a scrape from falling off your tricycle and your knee a few scratches from a run in with the rake. If that wasn't enough, you tumbled down the stairs into the garage and hit your cheek on the corner of the bench. Poor little man!! Mama hates to see you hurt. I guess like the doctor said, "if you're cruising, you're bruising"!!
Nonetheless, it doesn't slow you down little man. I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer brings! Your endless energy, and your excitement for all things new brings a smile to my face even this moment. Even when I find you crawling across the floor chasing after a spider....for once the spider didn't make me sigh.....it made me smile at the sight of your innocence!
Happy summer days to come Monkey!
1 comment:
happy summer days is right!!
it's like now that beans knows the weather is nice, we have to be outside at all times!
Post a Comment