
My Mom has been up to visit and help me get the new baby's room started (and to play Grandma to Monkey, which she was a gigantic help with)! She told me last night on the way to the airport that she is going to bring her extra-energy vitamins when she comes back up in August!! She experienced a good taste of Monkey's endless bounds of energy. She witnessed it all from the sweet, contagious giggles to the endless amounts of dirt, rocks, and sticks one little boy can collect to the beginning of the terrible two temper tantrums. By the end of the week, Monkey was saying Gama every once in a while.
There's nothing like having your Mom around. You really appreciate the time when you live 1000s of miles from her. It was so nice to have her help and opinion on things. I was indecisive about what I was going to do with the room, but with both of our brains working together, it only took us 10 minutes to decide what we needed (and I love, love, love the end result). She was so excited to be able to help me with baby stuff. We didn't get as far as she had anticipated we would, but we got a good start on it. I know she would have loved to see the furniture up and bedding in, but Monkey takes up alot of our time.....I didn't want to be so engrossed in the room that we missed out on playtime. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and planted flowers, took many walks, and a "few" trips to Target.
Most importantly, she got to spoil Monkey. She made him a tent to fit over the kitchen table which came in handy on the few rainy days we had. He loved his special fort. It was an endless source of laughter and peeky games.
I think she gave him so many rides in the laundry basket, tubs, and on the 4-wheeler that her buns hurt by the time she left. She said she had to at least have lost a few pounds playing.
There were books upon books read, cars raced, balls bounced, chase played, and many snuggles. It was wonderful! I only wish it were easier to visit like this. Oh, to have a private jet to fly us whenever we felt the urge to go visit Gama and Gampa. What....a girl can dream right!!!
Thanks Mama for coming to visit. We loved our time with you!! Can't wait to see you again in August!! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment