Why can't weaning the bottle be as easy as weaning the breast was? This is murder! He is in screaming his bloody head off right now instead laying down to take his nap. We've gone without a bottle for our afternoon nap for 4 out of the last 5 days. It's killing me! And he's only getting more attached to them. I don't know if we should just go cold turkey and take the bedtime and wake up bottle away too or continue with this gradual process. We've got to keep going though because he is starting to expect them now. I never ever in a million years figured this was going to be this hard!
He acts like I'm playing some dirty trick when I give him his milk in a sippy cup. It's even warmed up, and he still looks at it like it's crazy. I'm top of it all I'm concerned that he's not going to get his calcium like he needs too. I can only give him so much yogurt and cheese.
The whole weaning process was suppose to have started a month ago but then came the Rotavirus, then burnt fingers, and now a nasty cold. I decided there was always going to be something and just get the show on the road, but this s.u.c.k.s larger than life. We read our books, and I give him the sippy cup to "drink". He knows that the inevitable bed is coming though and starts to pitch a fit. I'm so tired of the fight. He never used to fight his naps like he does now. Is is a stage? How long is going to last? I know nobody has the answers but ugh......
No comments:
Post a Comment