So I get the bad Mommy of the week award. I never have any sort of curling iron or such going because it takes too much time. I got a flat iron for Christmas and Monday I thought I'd see if it could tame my hair as I didn't have time for a shower. I plugged it in and set it on the counter in the bathroom. Monkey was playing away, and I didn't even think about him reaching up to the edge of the counter.....you see where this is going?!
He reached up and grabbed for it and burnt his middle and ring finger on his right hand. I felt absolutely horrible. It was so awful to watch him shake and swing his arm around. He was fine as long as it was under cool water. Needless to say, we both were pretty wet after we got the burn to cool down a bit. They immediately blistered up with the middle being the worse. He is an index and middle finger sucker on his right hand too, so he couldn't even pacify himself. Poor little guy! Ugh!!
He managed to tolerate sucking a bit though and sucking the blister off that night. We tried wrapping it, but he only succeeded in biting it off. I didn't want to put anything on it at night and have him choke on it!
Now the ring finger is protected by a big nasty blister and the other is scabbed over pretty bed. Just a watch and see game at this point. On top of this, he now has a nasty cold with the pinkest chapped cheeks. My poor little Monkey....Momma's so very sorry!! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment