So the saga of forgetfulness continues! I really should just stop cooking after 8 PM, except that this is when my husband usually gets home. I was making brownies (out of the box....b/c who makes them by scratch that late :) last night. When I went to put them in the pan, I was amazed at how well they just dropped out of the bowl.....hmm....should've been my first clue, but nope, i just continued to spread out in the pain. They were spreading really funny....very stiff batch of brownies. Still didn't get the clue. Into the oven they go. I turn around to start cleaning up my mess on the counter and there sits the eggs in the bowl yet. Duh....no wonder they were so stiff. Thankfully only a few minutes had gone by, so I pulled them out of the oven, add the eggs, stir until finally smooth, and pour into the pan AGAIN. Wow, look how nicely they spread out in the pan now. Good grief....I'm seriously losing it!
By the way, the brownies turned out DEE-lish. They went great with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream while they were still warm and gooey!
No comments:
Post a Comment