Monday, May 19, 2008

Crying Over Spilled Milk

I ran to Fred Meyer today to get a few items. We're completely out of milk so that being number one on the list. I grabbed a few other odds and ends and made my way to the register. She rang everything up as I was searching the diaper bag for my wallet.

I knew way back when that the day would come when I would forget my wallet because it's not natural to not carry a purse. Although, it's fairly natural now (I actually feel weird when I do carry one now when I'm without Monkey). Today being that day!! I was utterly frustrated and angry with myself because Monkey had an unusual meltdown while we were there...complete with real tears and the high pitched scream I hear only when we get shots. He hurt somehow and couldn't tell me where.

Off we went back home without our milk, bread, rattle, etc. As soon as I stepped in the door and looked on the counter for it, I remembered where it was at. I had it with me all along in the glove box of the car. I had put it there Saturday night before I went into church (don't ask me why now). I don't know if I was more frustrated standing at the register or here at home knowing it was only right there.

I know you're not suppose to cry over spilled milk, but can I cry over left behind milk?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh man! That is frusterating!

Better than spilled breast milk though, right?

Love you