Friday, February 22, 2008

Thank You Vacuum Gods

I've been asking for a new vacuum for 3 years now. I ask my husband every Christmas, but I haven't received one because he thinks it's a lame gift. I have assured him that I would be very happy with this for a gift. We have a very heavy, loud monster of a Dirt Devil right now (or should I say "had"...u see where this is going). I want to chuck it through the window during my last few months of pregnancy b/c it's such a monstrosity. When he started to take the pillow covers off of the dog pillows this weekend to shake out the hair, I suggested maybe he would like to vacuum along with that...hee, hee!! As he started to vacuum, I went to do something in the other room, but the vacuuming stopped about as fast as it started. I, of course, went to go check out what was going on. Only to find my husband down on his hands and knees taking apart the vacuum.

Me: What's wrong?
Him: Did you know the vacuum wasn't working?
Me: I just heard it making noise.
Him: No, the roller head isn't working.
Me: Uh, what do u mean?
Him: Watch...(he starts the vacuum and sticks his finger on the roller head on the bottom and it stops...it's not suppose to do that).
Me: Oh....so now what!
Him: I have to go look for new belts.

Fast forward, the new belts didn't work, and now he is deciphering his next option. I want him to find belts so we don't have to spend the money for a new one, but I'm also secretly hoping he doesn't. The path has opened to New Vacuum Land!!! I tell him later that I'm secretly wanting this to be the end of the Dirt Devil, and he looks at me with his shitty grin...."I figured you were hoping that. Now you can get your Dyson." He knows me too well!! After a search on Consumer Reports for the best vacuum, he arrived home with a Kenmore Progressive Direct Drive vacuum....I LOVE IT! It's the bomb!! And boy were our carpets dirty...who knows how long our old one wasn't working.....thank you vacuum Gods for finally answering my prayers!!!

No comments: