Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thank You Monkey

Monkey~

Thank you so much little man for being such a good little boy lately. You have been wonderful for your Mama while Dada has been gone. One week down, two more to go! Each day has been something new, whether it being blowing kisses, telling me "go, go", exploring rocks and sticks, or playing in the dirt. You have discovered the dirt in my flower barrels that is waiting so patiently for the beautiful summer flowers. You dig in and laugh like crazy when you throw it on the ground. It is quite funny! We soaked up the spring sun today, didn't we? You can't get enough and neither can Mama.

You have also discovered how to soak Mama while you are taking a bath. You splash with your feet like a fish out of water and laugh that deep belly laugh you do so well. I can't help but laugh along with you. What's a little wet floor and shirt? It all mops up and changes easily! These are the moments that I want to soak up (literally, I guess) with you because I know they will be fleeting before you move on to something else.

You are the little boy I always dreamed of having. Strong willed yet tenderhearted at the same time. Full of life and laughter going 150 mph all the time yet will snuggle in for a good book anytime. A lover of puppy dogs, airplanes in the sky, dirt and rocks, anything with a motor and wheels, and your hockey sticks. I love that you are starting to show your emotions. Waving bye-bye, blowing kisses, and just tonight, you came up behind me after your bath and wrapped your little arms around me as far as they could reach and laid your head on my shoulder. My heart burst with love for you at that moment. It makes me teary right now just thinking of how that felt. A Mama always looks forward to that first hug, and it was more than I could have ever imagined it would ever feel like. Unbelievable Monkey!! I love you so, so, so very much! Words will never suffice!

XOXO,

Your Mama

No comments: