But you were over-the-moon excited when the time came!
So excited to pick out your big boy backpack! Lightning McQueen of course!
A little hesitation the day before when I was talking it all through with you again. Ms. Cheri is your teacher and Ms. Tresa is her helper. How your day will go! Mommy will go in and help you get your backpack in your "locker". And then I will leave and come back to get you before lunch. A little back pedaling on your part this time and maybe a "I don't want to go to preschool now Mommy" slipped out once the realization started to soak in. But we talked it up!! You woke up so excited. Even smiling and hamming for Mommy and her silly camera.
Bonus of the day: Daddy was off work and was able to come to!! High fives all around!!
You got out of the car and practically ran as fast as your speedy little legs would take you into preschool. You remembered right where your "locker" was and walked ever so boldly into the classroom, got your name tag, and started right in playing. Barely remembering to give me a kiss goodbye! No tears. Just a see you soon Mom and a quick smooch!
I turned and walked back out making sure not to be the dwindler on that first day. Making it hard on everyone involved. I so bad wanted to stand back there and dwindle though. To watch you flourish. To get caught up in that moment. To make sure you were "ok". Even though I knew in my heart that you were okay. That is was the right decision. That you were taking the opportunity and running with it. It was going to be the best thing for you. Something for you to own and not have to share with your littlest idol.
You made it easy on me Monkey! No tears for either of us. Just tears now as I type and remember. And know that another first has come and gone. Your Mommy and Daddy were so proud of you that day! If only you knew how proud! And you've never looked back since that first day. You are as excited every school day as you were for that first one. And learning....holy buckets are you ever learning!
I love you sweet boy! More than you'll ever know! To the moon and back! Forever and always!!
![]() |
| One for your Daddy without the "silly" sign! |


3 comments:
i am sooo proud of you mama. so proud!!
i seriously don't know if i can ever do it!!
but you? awesome. and him? super cute!!
love it friend :)
oh gabers....you look way too grown-up. Aunt Lisa isn't sure I'm ready for you to be in preschool....wasn't it just yesterday your Mama was telling me you were the bun in her oven?
Proud of you, Jen! And proud of you too, Gabers! Here's to years of loving school!
xoxo
Oh my gosh. My heart just went pitter-pat. Oct. 3 is the twin's first day of pre-school. I'm such an airheaded mom... it never occured to me to take a picture of them before they went off to pre-school. And now! Thank God I found this blog!!!! Thanks for the inspiration for the pictures.
Kristen @ www.alittlesomethingforme.com
Post a Comment