Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ripples and Waves

Right now as I sit and type, it's waves. Huge waves. Waves like I've never experienced before. Some moments are just ripples. Just a sweet little reminder. But this time of night, it's typically waves.

Our time. Your time. To show off. To tune me in. Really tune me in and connect. To remind me of the beauty of this time. This sweet precious time that is rapidly dwindling. Allowing me to watch you dance and seize the moment. This moment that is just us. Not us and everything else going on in life. But just you and me.

I watch these ripples and waves in awe. Complete and total awe! Utter amazement! Never did I experience these tides before. Not like this. Not this big. Not this distinct. You already know that you are the culmination and that you must prove yourself.

You are already practicing to keep up with the beginning and the middle. Knowing that you must to get your point across. Already practicing how to get my complete and total attention. I felt your flutters the earliest and now the strongest.

I will miss these ripples and waves like crazy. But am so blessed to have felt what I have with you littlest one. There aren't many feelings in this big, crazy world that compare to these tides. But one of those feelings is quickly approaching us. Not long sweet boy. And your waves will come crashing to my ears. These unbelievable ripples will become your sweet voice in my ears. Your soft touch on my skin. Your unmistakable smell.

But for now, I will cherish your movements. Your dance. This time. These moments. Knowing that it's the last time. The end to the beginning of another unbelievable story.

2 comments:

amanda said...

beautiful mama. so beautiful.

instantly takes me back...and i just can't get over that i won't ever feel that again. it is without words the most amazing thing ever.

soak it up my friend!!

Lisa said...

oh honey....that made me teary. I can't believe he's almost here - one week from today! savor it.....I'm with Amanda....the most amazing thing we'll ever experience!
can't wait to see him, know his name, and love on him in a month or so!!!
xoxo