Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Red eyes

Every night we say our prayers and then thank God for something. The last few nights Gabe has thanked God for everything from crayons to the neighbor kids to his tractors. Some nights we ask for His blessing about something also (ie. Mommy asks for patience alot lately).

Tonight it was the same. Prayers and then what are you thankful for. Gabe always starts because I've found that he really thinks of something on his own, rather than something very similar to what we say. Tonight he was thankful for sood (food), raspberries (they are starting to ripen in the patch and he was able to sample a few yesterday), and then he took our breaths away....."daddy get home safe". We hadn't even told him yet that Daddy was leaving for work (on an airplane) again tomorrow. I instantly teared up, and I'm pretty sure I saw Daddy's eyes turn a little red.

How did you know to ask God for this oh-so-special blessing? You take my breath away sweet boy! Such big words from such a little one!!

Godspeed to Daddy and may your little blessing come true!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that made Aunt Lisa's eyes tear up too. Hoping this trip is quick & safe :) Love you!

amanda said...

wow mama! just wow.