Saturday, July 17, 2010

One Away

Sweetest Nick~
How did time go this fast? How did we get this far? How are we only one month away from you turning one? I want to freeze time and keep you this little and happy. Because happy you are. All the time! To this day, you still haven't met a stranger. You make friends with everyone. Always quick to offer your gigantic smile that melts our hearts.

Your newest way to melt hearts.....waving! I'm pretty sure the young couple leaving in the Target parking lot yesterday melted when you were waving at them. Both were excitedly waving back at you. Happy to share a little part of your happy, innocent world.

One of my other favorites. When you are so excited to be picked up and you start flapping your arms like a little bird. So cute! I'm pretty sure you could lift yourself off the ground with all the flapping. Cutest little bird I ever did see!

I'm gonna guess that you will be walking by the time you turn one. You have really picked up distance in the last few days. Getting much more brave as the days go by. Your brother is even excited for you when you toddle a few steps!!

Speaking of your brother. He really does love you. I know you've been kinda "loved" more than you'd like lately. He's not really used to you wanting to play at his train table. He doesn't really understand that you just want to be doing what he's doing......so bad. You're day will come little man. You will pay your dues....I'm sure. You've got a lot to make up for!!

So far now littlest one, I'm going to drink up your sweetness. I'm going to hold your snuggles in close. Try to memorize how it feels to have your little body tucked in a ball and nuggled into my chest and neck. Drink in your sleepy face with those two fingers in sucking away. Record in my memory that contagious giggle that you have. Because you see little one, I know from experience, that these little things melt away fast. Before I know it you will be replacing one of these heart melters with something else equally as melty!!

I love you so very much,
Your Mommy

1 comment:

amanda said...

it really is crazy how time works...just doesn't seem possible friend...

here's to soaking it up!