This is what I walked into when I opened Monkey's door this morning.
In case you needed a close-up bc I wanted to shut the door and open it again...hoping it would magically disappear. I know that's probably nothing for some but his floor was clean before he went to bed. And I somehow didn't hear any of this occuring on the monitor. Oh and a side note, you were standing there in only your jammie top....no jammie bottom and no diaper.....hmmm! "I need my diaper Mommy!" No, really.....did you really need all 27 of them spread from one corner to the other corner of your room. I did a frantic eyeball scan of the room looking for your diaper and didn't find it. Then I turned you around and sighed with relief!! I finally found that diaper in the.....get this.....diaper genie. You are too smart for me sometimes!
Needless to say, the day didn't really look up from there. I'm pretty sure you didn't get a nap(or a very good one if you did get one) yesterday at Grandma's while I was running around like a chicken at work. I know this because you and I didn't have patience for one another today. It was one of those ugly Mommy days that I care not to repeat. I don't know why I felt we had to go to Lowe's and Freddy's today except that I just got told last night what I needed to bring to Father's Day dinner....and your daddy finally decided what we were suppose to get for Grandpa today.
So reluctantly, I loaded you both up after Bug's nap and we ventured out. We didn't even make it in the car before the first meltdown. "I can't go to the store Mommy!" I know you can't. That's why Mommy is driving! "I can't drive Mommy!" I know. Just please look out the window and see if you can find an airplane or an excavator. "I can't find an airplane!" Muttering under my breath. All the while, Bug is babbling away and playing with his feet!!
Three meltdowns later and a very dramatic exit of both stores and we headed home. A much needed nap for you that didn't last long enough. I cursed the nap gods. We headed outside bc this usually delays the meltdowns or easily distracts them.
Silly Mommy thought maybe we should go to church this evening too. Only bc she felt she needed to pray for sanity and patience.....and for the toddler tantrums to maybe slip slide away or at least go down in number.....pretty please God! He was shining down on us bc mass was fairly uneventful...at least it didn't require an exit during to remind said toddler of how we're suppose to act in church. I think that was pretty good!
Tonight when we were saying prayers and talking about what we were thankful for, I decided instead to ask God for better patience and kinda teared up a little as I was talking about it. You instantly got up and ran to the bathroom. I followed you in asking what you were doing. "I need a band aid Mama." Why do you need a band aid? "To make you feel better!" Insert a heart melting!
Sorry for the rough day Monkey! Thank you for reminding me that at the end of the day a new day is right around the corner. A more patient day. A better Mommy and Monkey day. To enjoy the small things and look at the big picture....not the small one that keeps popping up over and over. Thank you for being the sweet little man that you are and taking care of your Mommy's tears! I know it's not easy being the little boy and the big boy all at the same time. You make my heart so proud and happy! Love you to the moon and back!!
1 comment:
i love how you can take a horrible no go very bad day and turn it into a magical mommy moment.
high five mama - i know it's not easy :)
Post a Comment