Thursday, June 3, 2010

Five

It seems so close yet so far away that we met at the end of that aisle. Dressed in our very best You looking as handsome as I'd ever seen. It was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. Surrounded by our family and very best friends. We confessed our love and vowed our commitment. We danced the night away. Never wanting to see it end. So in love with one another and the magic of that night!

Now five years later, I still get goosebumps just thinking about that beautiful day. When our commitment was sealed for all to see.

I'll never forget the honesty in your eyes. Your eyes. They tell it all. They tell me everyday how much they love and honor us. They never judge. They always tell it how it is. They take in the good and the bad. But they always, always love me for me. I could never ask for anything more.

You are my strength. My rock. My best friend. My defendant and my opponent. You are the rope that I hang on to when I sometimes feel like I'm slipping. You always pull me back. It's not always pretty but it's real.

You are real. Our love is real.

Five, Babe! Can you even imagine ten? I can't wait!

Here's to forever and always! Loves to you!

2 comments:

amanda said...

i was just about to email your bff and say where in the world is your bff? and then i see you today!!

happy, happy number five friend :)

Lisa said...

so glad I was there to witness the whole thing. so glad what you have is real and perfect for you. and look at all you've accomplished in 5 years. yay you!
love you both!