I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and once again, we talked delivery. VBAC vs. C-section. I'm continuing to measure about a cm larger than I should be. With Monkey, I was right on every time. Dr. Hinkle is a gem, and he knows I don't want to go with a section. He's trying to be so gentle with getting me to accept reality. We decided yesterday to go ahead and get me on the surgery schedule because he wanted me to have a good surgery date and time. We'll still do the ultrasound at 36 weeks to see how big our baby boy is, but it looks like a section is going to be our safest bet. Schedule comes out next week, so we should know next appt whether it will be the 19th, 20th, or 21st of August.
I told Hubby last night as we were chatting in bed that it's kinda strange to know the date our baby is going to be born. He agreed. Me, the lover of surprises, is not really okay with that. There, I said it. BUT, I am very okay with doing what is best for me and our baby. Right now, that is to schedule his birthday. Who knows, maybe I'll go earlier than 39 weeks and the scan will show a little guy in there, and out he will come! If not, no matter what, everything will be perfect. As my BFF said today, it will be nice to be able to put Monkey to bed the night before knowing what the next day holds!!
Nine weeks and counting little man! I love you to the moon and back already!
1 comment:
i totally get this. although not yet, i know when the next one is in the belly with a scheduled bday, it will be very. very. weird.
but i think i will remember what your bff said - i think she is right!
can't wait to hear when the bday will be :)
Post a Comment