Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Mommy Confession

I let you fall asleep in my arms last night, Monkey. I took advantage of how tired you were. You drank your milk, we said our prayers, sang "Twinkle, Twinkle", and as I was humming you our last lullaby your eyelids got really heavy. I kept rocking and humming a wee bit longer as those baby blues closed.

I savored those few sleepy smiles that you have given since you were a newborn. I took in all your sleepy twitches and how your breathing turned heavy. I held your hand and kissed your sweet cheeks. For I know that these moments are fewer and farther between little one. You are growing too fast.

As I finally gave in and walked you to your bed, you were cradled in my arms and your little head dropped back. I was taken back to when you were so little and couldn't support your precious little head yourself. I glimpsed you again as a teeny tiny little baby. So new and sweet. How does the time go so fast?

Sweet dreams Monkey....I love you so very, very much!

No comments: