I showed up to work tonight and noticed we were heavy on nurses. I quickly put my name in as a "volunteer" to go home if the moment should arise! At midnight, my wish was granted! I gave the quickest report ever, finished up my charting, and dashed for the time clock and elevator before they changed their mind. I didn't even have to go oncall...they overstaffed me completely! Whoo hoo!!
Even better news, my wonderful husband arranged for my sister-in-law to take Monkey for not only Saturday night but also Friday night!! Double whoo hoo! We are "getting away" to Girdwood this weekend to stay at the beautiful Alyeska Resort. We are eating dinner atop the mountain at 7 Glaciers on Friday night, sleeping in, going to a wedding at the resort on Saturday, sleeping in AGAIN, and then going home Sunday to Monkey! I CAN'T WAIT!! We need this weekend so bad. We need to reconnect in a way that I never imagined. I might even have myself a drink or two and really relax this weekend!! Hubby here I come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment