Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Somebody!

The boys and I were sitting at the table eating dinner last night when Nick started to discuss something that was stinky....referring to it as "stinky butt". (Disclaimer: I've tried with all my might to evade the word butt with my little boys, instead going for bottom or buns. Nonetheless, it keeps sneaking into their vocab more and more frequently. Quite honestly, I don't know that it's a battle I'm willing to keep fighting!) I was getting ready to correct him and divert the conversation elsewhere when Gabe thought he should take it upon himself to "correct" Nick.

I asked Gabe to worry about himself, and I would worry about Nick. I usually follow this up with the statement "be the brother not the mother", but for some reason I chose "be the brother not the dad" this time.

Which he quickly followed up with "well somebody's gotta be the dad around here"!!!!!

I think Daddy has been out-of-town waaaay too much lately....hunting, Texas, the Slope!! Thank goodness for Thursday evening when Daddy comes home for awhile (we hope:)!!

*an escapade from a few weeks ago!

This should have been my warning....

that they were up to no good!
And poor Sam was trying to tell them they were busted!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

But Daddy going away a lot allows for Mommy to go away.....just saying ;) Can Not Wait!!!
PS - Nick's smile may cause you the most heartache....good gravy is he stinking cute!

amanda said...

yay!! does that mean you r going back to iowa?? yay for bff time! i totally get it now by the way...and it sucks!

but those boys mama? too adorable :)