Monday, March 14, 2011

things you say

  • We were making french toast the other morning and Gabe was helping me make the batter. After he added the cinnamon and nutmeg, he said "look Mom, it's all muddy! Yummy mud though!" I second that yumminess!
  • I sometimes tell Gabe to watch it or he's going to crack his head on whatever furniture, corner, wall, or floor that he is being a monkey around. So when I looked up and saw him standing on the window ledge the other day, I asked him to get down before he cracked his head on the shelve. His reply was "or all my eggs will fall out, Mom?" Yeah, something like that son!!
  • Every morning Gabe says, while we're eating breakfast, "Mom, it's getting bootiful outside!" Whether its cloudy or clear, it's always getting beautiful. Makes me stop for a second and admire the beautiful sky with my boys and remember that even cloudy days can be beautiful! Through the eyes of a little one!
  • The other night I told Gabe I had to go to work the next day and that Grandma would be here in the morning when he got up. "You have to go work to give people medicine and hugs to make them feel better Mom?" Yep!
  • So the other part of that conversation..."I worry about you everytime you go to work Mom." Took my breath away. Seriously! Why is he worrying about me? He should be worrying about what crayon to use or which monster truck to crash. Not me! He can't already be a worry wart like his Mommy...at three! My brain skips into overdrive after I tuck him in. What are we doing wrong that is making him worry about us? And the only thing I can come up with.....his Daddy being gone for two weeks at a time every two weeks. And then I sit and wonder (and worry) about what we are doing to him emotionally. What scars are we creating? But that's a post for another day....way to deep for me to get into now.
  • I sat down on the couch with Gabe the other day as he was playing away with his trucks and blanket. And happened to sit on a corner of the blanket. "Mom, you wrecked my imagination!" So sorry didn't realize I had that kind of effect on things. I'll try very hard next time to make sure and look for your imagination before I sit down :)
  • I wrapped a blanket around my shoulders the other morning because I was cold. Gabe said, "you're wearing your super mom cape today!" I wish that blanket had magic mommy powers!
  • We were outside playing a couple of weeks ago and all of sudden Gabe yelled "look Mommy, there's ice sparkles on the house!" Sure enough, there were 'ice sparkles' on the house in the form of icicles! Love it!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

love his brain & the way he thinks. he is surely wise beyond his years. missing him (& the rest of you too!) come back to iowa soon pretty please?

amanda said...

i love each and everyone of these nuggets (minus the one about daddy and work - that breaks my heart) but the best? the wrecked my imagination!! oh i just love it!! and the beautiful outside?? oh how wise their words really are :)

ps - and i agree w lisa! a trip back home? think that sounds lovely :) like maybe the last week of may?