Friday, December 10, 2010

Us

You and Me

Yes, it's from this summer bc we're always too busy taking pics of the kids that we forget about us!

Equal This!!


A comical attempt to get a group shot!
And a little bit of this!
I think the cheetah and camo print speak for themselves!!

With something a little sweet on top!
I'm pretty sure he's patting her knee saying "just hold on, I've got it all under control"!

They just ooze sweetness!
I miss that so very much, but I am also so grateful that we were able to have the little bit of time that we did. I wish like crazy that I could wiggle my nose and be back there. Amid all the kiddo craziness. The car seat trades. The real coffee. My boys surrounded by purple and pink. Shrieks of laughter and so many little feet scampering about. Late night talks and way too early risers. Baby tears and best friend tears. Finishing each others thoughts in real time. Face-to-face. Hug-to-hug. Leaning on each other when the other half is doing what they do best.
Grateful and blessed my bestest friend. He truly blessed me when He brought us together so many years ago. When we were J's age. Gosh to think it.....amazing! And then to reconnect us so many years later. To pick up without a hitch. Not even an awkward moment. And to be here. Where we are today. It blows my mind and makes my heart skip a beat all at the same time!
He gave us a gift. A gift that I cherish! A gift that I open on a daily basis. A gift that has many times pulled me through the toughest times and stood by me through the best times! I can't fathom to guess where it's going to continue to guide us. But I know I can't wait to see! You're friendship is my rock Lisa Jean! I love you like you are my sister. And I'm already counting the time until I get to sit up late with you again. Cherishing the silence of sleeping babes. Finishing each other's thoughts.....and the package of double stuff oreos!

I love you!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

ALright....that wasn't fair. I was just coming over to see if you'd posted anything lately & got all choked up by what you wrote. Thank you. I love you too...so, so much & am beyond thankful for you & our friendship!!!! I wish more than anything I was with you today helping you ring in 33 in person!!! (PS - Happy Birthday!!!)
Love you so, so much!!!

amanda said...

oh girls!! how sweet are you together!!

i so so so so can not wait till the day i get to crash all your iowa fun!!

Andi from NC said...

Too, too sweet, Jen. I'm so glad you two had such a great visit.