Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Crying Game

Opponents ~ Monkey vs. Mommy and Daddy
Time ~ Naptime and Bedtime
Place ~ Monkey's Bedroom
Score ~ Monkey 1, Mommy & Daddy 1
Currently, you are on a 45 minute long stretch. I have gone to you after 5, 10, 15, and 20 minutes. I hate hearing you cry. I keep telling myself and you that this is for your own good. It will make you a better sleeper and more rested in the long run. Do I miss letting you fall asleep in my arms? Like you will never know little one. It breaks my heart to hear you crying and screaming in there. Your little face, clean from your bath, is covered in goobers and slobber when I go in there. You clung to your monkey like he was your only friend when I went in last. And you just threw your bink out of your crib because I heard it bounce off the door. But I have to wait little one. Daddy and I have to let you work this out. I love you so, so much!

No comments: